Why Become A Member of Wilder PTSA
Joining our PTSA isn’t just another way to raise funds. It’s a way to support your child’s education in many countless ways. Your membership fees support your child on local, state, and national levels.
Join today to stay connected
Wilder PTSA strives to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of students within our school. We coordinate, fund, and support many programs that benefit all our children.
1 adult membership is $20
2 adults membership is $30
As a member you will receive:
- Access to our ONLINE-ONLY Wilder School Directory (stay connected!)
- Receive many discounts to local and national retailers
- Once we are back at school you will be required to be a member to volunteer with enrichment programs
- A portion of your fees supports the LWSD PTSA, Washington State PTA, and National PTSA
Sign up today at www.wilderptsa.net
This is the only way to receive access to the ONLINE-ONLY School Directory.
There are many consumer membership discounts to take advantage of such as;
- Silverwood Theme Park - newly reduced pricing
- The Real Leather Company - save $15 off any bag
- Tickets at Work - new discounts for staying at home or working from home
- Wild Waves - discounts on season passes and more
- 40% off LEGO Bag
- 25% off Avis car Rental
- Special rates at FedEx
Keep checking the benefits and discounts page as more opportunities continue to be added
Here are just some examples of how Wilder’s PTSA fulfills the mission in our community:
- Providing parenting classes -- Wilder PTSA provides parenting education in conjunction with their meetings, including such topics as Child Safety on the Internet.
- Facilitate Parent Communication - Wilder PTSA provides weekly newsletters and the Wilder PTSA web site, Facebook posts.
- Influencing local legislation on behalf of children -- PTSA advocates for local issues that affect the children in our community. In the past, some individual PTSAs have advocated for mandating bicycle helmet usage in their community, for increased pedestrian safety laws, and for safer yard maintenance at school by eliminating the use of pesticides, to name a few.
- Making the school a better place to learn – PTSAs all over Washington State have purchased and donated computers, playground equipment, and volunteered countless hours in the classroom and in conjunction with programs and activities.
- Providing enrichment programs for children -- Wilder PTSA offers a wide array of enrichment opportunities for children. These opportunities include Art Enrichment, Foreign Language, Math Enrichment and many more!
Sign up today!
What is the Washington State PTA?
Wilder’s PTSA unit is a member of the Washington State PTA. The State PTA is the common thread that links nearly 900 local PTSA units throughout the state. This thread is what gives PTA clout and prestige to influence state laws, policies and attitudes affecting your children.
The State PTA also provides local PTSA units and members with services, material, and information to enable parents to protect and nurture their children in their schools and your communities. Specifically, some of the services provided by the Washington State PTA include: a daily representation in Olympia and at regulatory agencies where decisions are being made that will affect your children; leadership training; a website (www.wastatePTA.org) with parenting resources and quality leadership materials.
What is the National PTSA?
National PTA is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. PTA is a leader in reminding our nation of its obligations to children. National PTA has nearly 6.5 million members nationwide.
The mission of National PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
JOIN TODAY! More than 6.5 million people can't be wrong!
This page was last updated on August 19, 2020.